Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Carpe Diem!" - for the very first time again

My last post was June 5th 2007 - the day my uncle passed away. I changed my background colour to black as it was a time to mourn, and what other colour is more proper than that?

Today, June 12th 2008, roughly one year and one week has passed, and when I came back here, I realized one thing: I didn't change my Blog title. It's still the same "Carpe Diem! Memento Mori" which translates as "Live Life today! Always remembering Death". And my subtitle was "Come! Live a life that never dies!".

As ironic as it seems -telling people to live a life that lives forever yet I myself was virtually dead in spirit and in strength for more than a year-, I can still smile and have this small laughter inside, realizing that: I *am* still alive. And with that, entails all responsibilites, and enjoyment, in serving my Master, my Owner. And that's not a bad thing, not at all. After all, what can be better than serving an eternal Master that promises life eternally to those who believes in Him.

My life and all its struggles, had just restarted - no, in fact, for the first time, it had just begun. Starting today, I shall write all of them down and record them. Someone told me "a life worth living is worth recording", and I say Amen to that. As I've learned from many great lives before me, be it by seeing, hearing, or reading of them, I pray that many may learn from my questions, struggles, passions - my life.

And I pray at the end, they may find Christ's fingerprints in it and come to know Him better. May I pass my knowledge of Him, faithfully, joyfully, on to the generations to come, for them to live and learn Christ from, until He himself comes back again to claim us all.

Carpe Diem! Memento Mori.

No comments: