Sunday, February 11, 2007

Another day to seize

It has been a week since I last posted. I am having a bit of a "paradigm shift" with this entire blogging thing...

Why? well, you see, after I really put some thought in it, I realized that -unconsciously- my image of a "blog" actually resembles an "essay" that are, naturally, supposed to be well-thought and well-presented... and hence my concept of "blogging" is practically the same with "essay writing" - which I won't have time to do not only due to lack of personal bandwith but also lack of knowledge and literature skills.

Consequently, some of you would then *naturally* ask why I actually had one setup in the first place, right? Answer is: I don't know. It's one of those things that struck you as "good and serviceable" and then you would impulsively just do it. Setting up a blog so that people may read and be aroused by the many crazy ideas popping in my head. Hah.

That is really the pits. That's my dead end. After my common sense hit me, now I'm left with a project that cannot continue since I am the lone owner and manager, and I myself has acknowledged that I cannot sustain it.

As with every story in history though, fortunately someone told me this: "just write. Make it a habit. Jot down every thing that pops in your head as soon as you have the chance to. Don't delay. Don't worry too much for being incorrect or inaccurate in your discernment for the Lord will bestow His wisdom upon You over time, in His own good time. Don't worry too much about your writing presentation skills; you'll get it better over time. Practice makes perfect."

Bottom line is: just do it. The Holy Spirit arouses us to do His bidding every day. But we do need to respond in obedience, with self-sacrificing spirit, and with consistency. And I know that if I do, then Jesus' promise of a "full and abundant" life will truly be felt - fully and abundantly.

And so that's my prison break! No longer do I need to be held back by my unhelpful preconceptions! From now on, I am going to write write write (or type type type, for that matter) and write whatever comes to mind.

Seize the day! - for today is only today ;)

1 comment:

Billy Bee said...

Finally wrote the next one. Heng's not in today, and won't be until next Tuesday (20/2) - That's more than a week. And he mentioned in his email that it's due to "family issues"..
It's not like him to leave for so long with such a short notice. Hope everything's okay... My prayers go for him tonight.