Thursday, February 22, 2007

Contemplations on the "Kingdom of God" #1 - We Are At War!... Aren't we?

This blog was intended to be written quite some time ago. But not until I read the article titled The Battle of the Ages - Part 2: The Importance of the Word by Rev. Stephen Tong in Pillar #43 - February 2007 edition that I finally had the driving force to write this.

He's just remarkable. With that said, I know every man of God is... but Stephen Tong is just a something else. Reading that short article, the saying; "great minds simplify, small minds amplify" sounds more and more real to me. It's like he said everything that I would like to say to people (and by "everything" you can estimate quantification of 3-5 pages long) in less than three paragraphs. Well of course there are many aspects that I can cover and elaborate more on the subject in those 5 pages that I intend to write, but the bottom line and the whole spirit is there already... written down in three paragraphs.

And that bottom line is this: we are at war. You may not like the sound of it. The imagery and nuance that surrounds the word "war" itself arouses uneasiness inside of us. To some it resurrects painful memories of the past. To others it heats their head and fuels their heart that flames against injustice and inhumanity.

Now hold on just now. This is meant to be a draft... or to be more precise; a prelude to the real piece.

So I'll be short and concise. I'll close this blog with a bagful of questions that, I hope, will guide your mind to think deeper and harder about this issue.

- are we REALLY at war?
- what kind of war?
- is it our war?
- if not then whose? if yes, then why have we lived all our lives not realizing we're in one?
- when has this war started? how long has it been going on?
- is there any sign of when it will stop?
- why the war anyway? what or who caused it?
- what do we have to do in this war?

...And so much more.

I will not pretend I know all the answers. That's why I would like to elaborate the questions, search and learn the answers, to dig deep, and contemplate on what they really mean to our lives.

Stay with me on this.

No comments: