Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bach's Matthew Passion on YouTube!

...and many more!

Since our choir are going to sing some Bach (along with some Handel's Messiah) on Good Friday and Easter Service, I searched the internet for resources to keep my spirit up until D-Day: 6th to 8th of April.
To my surprise, I found quite a lot of clips in YouTube on Bach cantata performances - mostly those that are conducted by Ton Koopman. They are submitted by this guy with username Bacholoji that has kindly uploaded many of these so that we can view and enjoy them in YouTube! Thanks to him for that :)

There's really a *lot* you can get there, but I for the time being am quite content with those that I've saved to my favorites list - after all those are the ones that I need for our choir. They are:
(by the way you can get the German text and translation here)

Bach - Matthaeus Passion - 42-43-44-45
(FYI, it starts from here:)
Bass -
Gebt mir meinen Jesum wieder!
Seht, das Geld, den Mörderlohn,
Wirft euch der verlorne Sohn
Zu den Füßen nieder!

(...and continues to the below ones)
Bach - Matthaeus Passion - 46-47-48-49-50
Bach - Matthaeus Passion - 62-63-64

Enjoy!

No comments: