Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"Hi, I'm Billy"

And please call me "Mr. Too Darn Lazy To Do ANYTHING Straight Away"...

Just can't believe it... I have been wanting to write again since two weeks ago... and here I am, having too much to write and not many details I can recall about each of them anymore...

I'll try to recall big things that has happened over the last one month... hopefully the list is, chronologically, as accurate as it can be:

1. First is about my friend, Soendjojo Logianto, who's now in Beijing to study Chinese. He has just lost his girlfriend to cerebral aneurysm. They have been together for 10 months. And if you ask me, for someone like him, that's long enough to break him in half. But the last time I called him he really didn't sound like as if he is broken in two... One thing I'll never forget is how he answered me when I asked him whether he will be strong enough when the time comes - he said: "Do I have another option than to be strong enough?". Indeed he was, indeed he is.
A further note that I should add is that he has already lost a friend during a car accident just a few months before this. He was quite struck with it I heard...
I don't really know what God has in store for him after all this... first He took his friend, and then soothed his wounds with a girlfriend, and then she was taken away from him as well...
I don't know... don't know at all...

2. Then the news about earthquake in Padang and the airplane crash landing in Jogjakarta last week. My country (and Jakarta especially) was just recovering from the flood a while ago before this happened. My friends kept asking the question of "why is all this happening to Indonesia" and sorts... well... it's no surprise that I don't know why either...

3. And then the news about our friends', Fanny and Hendry, father's death. His was caused by liver cancer, and compared to my father, he went through all that in a relatively shorter period - my dad had to go through 10 months of all the pain and deteriorating health.
Last time I heard about how she (Fanny) and his brother doing, it was not good news... she could barely speak clearly to even her closest friends. I haven't heard about Hendry again but he did sms-ed my reverend here telling him that they, the three of them together, are going to come to Melbourne. Well it's good news for me; the Lord has given me more friends to keep.
Really can't wait to see them again here, hug them, and give them all the encouragement they need... it'll have to wait though, so in the mean time I'll just keep on praying for them.

4. Just at the beginning of last week, a not-too-distant auntie of mine passed away due to an illness which I don't know for sure what the name is. Mom told me that before her death, since some time ago my she (my auntie) -at that moment not a Christian yet- has been asking her sister questions that really stir something up inside me. Mom mentioned some of her questions that is like; "I'm afraid that God will not accept me because all my life I have refused to accept Him... is He still willing to accept me?".
I personally don't know her too much, but one thing that I know for sure is that my Lord is a longsuffering Lord. And deep down I think that the fact she truthfully can ask such a question is enough proof for me that Lord Jesus Christ has been waiting for her all along to accept Him as her personal, eternal saviour.

I can't think of anything else to write now...

For my part, I can only tell you that at the moment there's only three things that matter to me:
1. Photography,
2. Evangelism, and
3. Table Tennis

Even work is not as fun as the above three anymore... especially Photography... it has become an obsession to me... it has gone to a stage where it's starting to get unhealthy, not only for my soul but also to my service...
I'll get back to this topic soon...

...Oh... and God help me with this destructive postponing mentality of mine :(

See you soon.

No comments: